I look forward to welcoming back pupils in the following Year Groups: Nursery, P1, P2 and P3, from this Monday, 8th March, for two weeks. To help keep everyone safe I ask that you read through the following procedures.
P Mc Donnell
Returning to school Procedures Mon 8th March
All of the previous routines that were in place before Christmas relating to: sanitising and washing hands, class bubbles, toileting, play activities and movement within the school and grounds will remain in place. In addition please note:
- School buses to drop off and pick up as normal to begin with, but collection times may be revised when the demands of the secondary school have been established.
- Children to enter school at the same points as before lock down. Key-workers’ children to enter by the front door if they don’t have a sibling entering at another point.
- Children to exit from the same points as they entered school from.
- Breaks and Dinners will be at the normal times. School meals are available to all children who wish to avail of the service either though free school meals entitlement or by paying. This provision is also available for the supervised children of Key Workers.
- Pupils may use regular lunch bags, for packed lunches.
- We will continue to accommodate Key Workers’ children up to 3.30 pm. Younger siblings of these supervised children (and other pupils who need), can join with them after 2 pm when their classes end. Please arrange this in advance through the Office.
- Bus users may wait in school with the supervised children until the 3 pm pick-up. Please notify the Office if your child is to wait for a 3 pm bus.
- Supervised children who have been attending St Mary’s have been following the online activities/lessons posted by their respective teachers and this will continue to be the case. The use of personal devices, if available, would help to reduce the demand on school owned machines.
- If you haven’t already been using the supervision facility in St Mary’s and need a supervised place for your P4-7 child please contact us in advance on 028 -30888351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org