Congratulations to our Nursery children for jumping back into school life with ease. It is a credit to these very young children that they have adapted so well to their long awaited return to the classroom, such a demonstration of resilience. 🌟🌟 We are so proud of you all. Enjoy our St Patrick’s Day video. Have a super St Patrick’s Day.
I look forward to welcoming back pupils in the following Year Groups: Nursery, P1, P2 and P3, from this Monday, 8th March, for two weeks. To help keep everyone safe I ask that you read through the following procedures.
P Mc Donnell
Returning to school Procedures Mon 8th March
All of the previous routines that were in place before Christmas relating to: sanitising and washing hands, class bubbles, toileting, play activities and movement within the school and grounds will remain in place. In addition please note:
- School buses to drop off and pick up as normal to begin with, but collection times may be revised when the demands of the secondary school have been established.
- Children to enter school at the same points as before lock down. Key-workers’ children to enter by the front door if they don’t have a sibling entering at another point.
- Children to exit from the same points as they entered school from.
- Breaks and Dinners will be at the normal times. School meals are available to all children who wish to avail of the service either though free school meals entitlement or by paying. This provision is also available for the supervised children of Key Workers.
- Pupils may use regular lunch bags, for packed lunches.
- We will continue to accommodate Key Workers’ children up to 3.30 pm. Younger siblings of these supervised children (and other pupils who need), can join with them after 2 pm when their classes end. Please arrange this in advance through the Office.
- Bus users may wait in school with the supervised children until the 3 pm pick-up. Please notify the Office if your child is to wait for a 3 pm bus.
- Supervised children who have been attending St Mary’s have been following the online activities/lessons posted by their respective teachers and this will continue to be the case. The use of personal devices, if available, would help to reduce the demand on school owned machines.
- If you haven’t already been using the supervision facility in St Mary’s and need a supervised place for your P4-7 child please contact us in advance on 028 -30888351 or email email@example.com
Safer Internet Day 2021 “Together for a better Internet”
Each year in St Mary’s we recognise the importance of Safer Internet Day by hosting Parents’ and Pupils’ workshops.
So this year we are asking families to take time to explore the Internet Safety tab on our school website where you will find links to information and stories related to this year’s theme “Together for a better Internet”
And why not check out tomorrow’s C2K Newsdesk story line made famous by ex president Donald Trump “Fake News”
The Ring of Gullion ,“Dragons in the Hills” Project have teamed up with local artists to bring an exciting art competition for all classes to take part in. The theme is: “Reptiles, Amphibians and Habitats”, it’s a great excuse for everyone to get outside, have a explore of some likely habitats,- ponds, marshy ground, stone walls, … Why not take some photos, and then once back indoors get experimenting with different media, paint, pastels, collage – choose the piece you are most happy with and submit a photo via the link given below!
All work must be submitted by 17th March There are some great prizes up for grabs!
Good luck everyone!!!
A gentle reminder from this year’s fantastic P1 classes, to any Parent wishing to enroll their child for a Nursery or P1 place starting this September, the closing date for applications is this Friday, 29th of January @ 12 noon. Application is via the “Citizens Portal” on the Education Authority website.
As part of their home learning experience the Nursery group were exploring the months of the year. Check out this link to see how each month is presented. A word of caution ….. this song is seriously catchy and may be in your head all day.
Well done Nursery – we loved seeing your photographs. Keep up your fantastic Seesaw work and enjoy the weekend.
Unfortunately due to the current situation we are unable to host our open day to allow prospective pupils and parents to see our setting and to meet the staff. For a little peek into our setting please view the following link.https://youtu.be/9gHgqowl-bI
This short clip gives you some insight into the classroom but more importantly it allows you to see the extensive opportunities we offer to our pre-school children. I think the happy smiles on the children, staff and parents in the clip captures the fun and the positive relationships which makes Mullaghbawn Nursery a warm, welcoming and secure environment for such young children.
In order to make your application please log onto the Education Authorities web page and select admissions. You will find a useful video which will explain the process.
If you are experiencing any difficulties or if you have any questions regarding our Nursery you can phone the school on -02830888351 or email myself, Paula Byrne, Nursery teacher on firstname.lastname@example.org Or Mr McDonnell at email@example.com.
You can view the admissions criteria for the Nursery on the Education Authorities web page.
I hope this post is useful for you. We look forward to welcoming you and your child in September.
Application for Nursery and P1 admissions for September 2021, will open this Thursday, 7th of January 2021 at 12.00 noon and will remain open until Friday, 29th January 2021 at 12.00 noon.
This is a digital process through the “Citizen’s Portal” more information about the process and the steps you must take can be found at the Education Authority (EA) website, at the link given below.
Please note this year the EA have introduced a “document upload process” for all required supporting documentation. Please be advised (as in the EA picture above), to read the admission criteria carefully, this can be found on the EA Website and links are given below for your convenience. Please make sure to include all required supporting documentation including: birth cert, proof of address- 2 utility bills, proof of an older sibling currently or who will be in attendance at St Mary’s for the 2021/22 school year.
This documentation can take the form of a photo, a scan, a pdf or a doc. from either a mobile phone, tablet or laptop.
Once you have completed your application on the Citizen’s Portal you should receive 2 emails:
-the first will be confirmation of your application and an invite to upload the required supporting documentation.
– the second email will contain a link taking you to the upload facility.
If you experience difficulty help is available through:
- the EA Digital Admissions Helpine – 028-95985595
- “Virtual Clinics” through GoONNI –
- The “Intercultural Education Service” which offers translation services for any Parent/Guardian for whom English is not their first language. Telephone: 028 9448 2210
Please keep an eye on the EA website and social media channels for further information/ reminders.
Link to Primary School Criteria:
Link to Nursery School Criteria:
The online admissions portal for those wishing to apply for a place in Nursery or P1 starting September 2021, will open on Thursday, 7th of January and close on Friday, 29th of January 2021. Further information on the process will be available on the EA website from Friday, 18 of December.