We are looking for dancers, singers, musicians, comedians…. from all classes, for our first ever “St. Mary’s Got Talent, Show“! It promises to be a great afternoon of entertainment… indeed if early indications are anything to go by we will have to start at 9.10 am as soon as the morning bell rings, to fit in all the acts signed up!
It’s being organised by our Student Council who are busy, making posters, and signing up acts, from individuals, groups and classes. So any budding entertainers, if you haven’t already signed up, get in touch with your Student Council Representatives.
All those taking part please note, you have until Wednesday, to have your act polished and ready for performance. If you intend using a sound track, please speak to your teacher before Wednesday.
All classes are invited to watch, entrance is £1/pupil, with all money raised going towards school funds.
We hope you have been able to download our new “School App” which can be downloaded free of charge on all devices.
All pupils received a letter with instructions to download the App.
If you are experiencing an difficulty please let us know.
The time has almost arrived for the overnight trip to Carlingford Adventure Centre. Below is a copy of the note sent out to P7 parents last week, with some useful information for the trip.
Excitement is building as we approach what is arguably the highlight of every primary school pupil’s life; the overnight trip. This is a brief note, to inform you of some important details. It is a wonderful opportunity for pupils to gain valuable life experience, as they challenge themselves with the fun-filled itinerary of exciting activities that Carlingford Adventure Centre has to offer. It is also a new experience for many who will stay away from home for the first time.
The bus will depart the school @8.00am sharp on Wednesday, May 30th. Please ensure that your child is at the school on time and that they have eaten a hearty breakfast, as we aim to get start straight into the activities when we arrive. Pupils will arrive back at school @6.30pm approx. on Thursday, May 31st for collection.
It is recommended that your child is involved in the packing of their belongings, so they know exactly what they have with them and where it is in their bag. Your child should bring clothes that they don’t mind getting wet or muddy and that will keep them warm. The items listed below is not conclusive but are recommended by the centre as essential items.
- Tracksuit tops, bottoms, t-shirts & socks (at least one change per day)
- 2 pairs of runners (including an old pair for water sports)
- Personal toiletries & towels
- Sunscreen & a hat
- A small backpack
If your child has their own walking boots, waterproof jacket and trousers, please bring them, although these will be available at the centre. It is highly recommended that children have their name clearly written on their belongings.
A maximum of E10 will be more than enough to bring on the trip. Electronic devices are something which are not required on the trip and we ask that you comply with this. Should your child need to contact you for any reason there will be a telephone on site (or in an emergency situation you can contact the centre on 00353429373100).
Congratulations to the Primary sevens who made their Confirmation yesterday in St Oliver Plunkett’s Church, Forkhill. We were blessed with beautiful weather and all of the children did their jobs diligently to ensure it was a beautiful ceremony.
A special thanks to Mrs Murphy (choir co-ordinator) and Mrs McCann (organist) for their hard work in preparing the musical elements of the mass. Thanks also to our celebrant Cardinal Brady, to Fr Carville and Fr Heagney who assisted with the ceremony and everyone else who helped make it such a special day for the children involved.
This Friday, 25th of May we are having our Annual Teddy Bear’s Picnic, lunch. So, if you know any well behaved Teddy Bears who would like to come to school for the day please bring them along. We are expecting good weather so make sure all Teddies and owners are suitably protected from the sun with a sun hat and sun-cream please!
Dear P7 Parent / Guardians,
Primary 7 will be busy with lots of activities for the duration of the term. Please see below some useful information for the main events that are coming up. This note was sent home with all pupils today, along with information on what to bring to Carlingford.
- The Confirmation ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 23rd @5pm in St Oliver Plunkett’s Church, Forkhill.
- Please ensure your child is at the church for 4:45pm latest and that they collect their Confirmation card from a teacher.
- There is a seat reserved in the church for each P7 pupil, their sponsor and one other guest (3 in total). Other family members are very welcome to attend but should be aware that unreserved seating may be limited.
- The role of the sponsor is quite straight forward and has been explained to all pupils. At the “anointing with chrism” part of the ceremony, they should:
- Walk along with the child to the altar;
- Pass the confirmation card to the Cardinal’s assistant;
- Place their hand on the right shoulder of the child;
- Holdback the child’s fringe, if necessary, to allow the Cardinal to make the sign of the cross on their forehead.
- We hope you enjoy this special day in the life of your child.
- Pupils are permitted to stay at home on Thursday, May 24th
- The overnight trip to Carlingford Adventure centre is from Wednesday, May 30th – Thursday, May 31st.
- The bus will depart the school @8.00am sharp on Wednesday.
- The bus will arrive back at school @6.30pm approx. on Thursday.
- Please send in any outstanding money or consent forms as soon as possible as the payment and other details have to be delivered to C.A.C. in advance of the trip.
- Detailed information regarding what to bring on the trip is on the reverse of the note given out today and this will be posted on the website closer to the date of the trip.
- The P7 Leavers’ Mass will be on Thursday, June 21st @7.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Mullaghbawn.
- There will be refreshments back in school and everyone is welcome to attend.
Unfortunately, due to the amount of rain that fell during the night and this morning we have to cancel the after-school Gaelic training for P6, as the pitch is unplayable.