We are delighted to have been nominated for a “Families First Award” for work carried out during the COVID-19 pandemic.
From the start of the pandemic and our first days of lockdown, there was an enormous amount of work going on to ensure that pupils and their families were not left isolated from the school community. Every teacher and classroom assistant totally immersed themselves in preparing work, delivering work and communicating with pupils and families. Technology was provided to those who needed it and work packs issued.
Online activities were organised and the level of engagement between home and school increased dramatically through Seesaw & Google classrooms.
- Online lessons/activities
- Cosmic Yoga
- Online family quiz night
- Online pet show
- Online sports personality question and answer events
- Local history talks online
- Local flora & fauna presentations online
- Parent workshops & Mental Health online programmes
- FLO series of workshops for parents on literacy and numeracy online
- STEM workshops for year 7 pupils online
- Virtual sports day
- The Masked Reader online
- Virtual school trips
- Virtual leavers activities & drive by events
- Nursery graduation
- Online SEN counselling by specific agencies
- Scratch Coding programme
- A range of Guest speakers
- SEN “Speech & Language” Programme for teachers & parents
- School was staffed and open for the children of “Key Workers” and others who had requested help.
- Summer scheme for children to attend in school
I now encourage you to follow-up on the nomination by clicking on the link below and registering why you think the school should receive the award and the monetary prize for the school that comes along with it. Please share the link, with our wider school Community.
(Due to our postal address we are listed under County Down in the nominees)