Dear P7 Parent / Guardians,
Primary 7 will be busy with lots of activities for the duration of the term. Please see below some useful information for the main events that are coming up. This note was sent home with all pupils today, along with information on what to bring to Carlingford.
- The Confirmation ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 23rd @5pm in St Oliver Plunkett’s Church, Forkhill.
- Please ensure your child is at the church for 4:45pm latest and that they collect their Confirmation card from a teacher.
- There is a seat reserved in the church for each P7 pupil, their sponsor and one other guest (3 in total). Other family members are very welcome to attend but should be aware that unreserved seating may be limited.
- The role of the sponsor is quite straight forward and has been explained to all pupils. At the “anointing with chrism” part of the ceremony, they should:
- Walk along with the child to the altar;
- Pass the confirmation card to the Cardinal’s assistant;
- Place their hand on the right shoulder of the child;
- Holdback the child’s fringe, if necessary, to allow the Cardinal to make the sign of the cross on their forehead.
- We hope you enjoy this special day in the life of your child.
- Pupils are permitted to stay at home on Thursday, May 24th
- The overnight trip to Carlingford Adventure centre is from Wednesday, May 30th – Thursday, May 31st.
- The bus will depart the school @8.00am sharp on Wednesday.
- The bus will arrive back at school @6.30pm approx. on Thursday.
- Please send in any outstanding money or consent forms as soon as possible as the payment and other details have to be delivered to C.A.C. in advance of the trip.
- Detailed information regarding what to bring on the trip is on the reverse of the note given out today and this will be posted on the website closer to the date of the trip.
- The P7 Leavers’ Mass will be on Thursday, June 21st @7.30pm in St Mary’s Church, Mullaghbawn.
- There will be refreshments back in school and everyone is welcome to attend.